Help your skin by eating healthily
RYH understands the importance of diet and food in skin health. This is why we have included lots of healthy fats and antioxidant vitamins found in fruits and vegetables. For example:
- Vitamin C, an antioxidant vitamin that is essential for the production of collagen. This helps with the elasticity and thickness of skin.
- Healthy anti-inflammatory fats (omega-3 fatty acids). These are found in foods like avocados, fatty fish and nuts.
To keep skin healthy, the following may help:
- Eat regular, balanced meals. Don’t skip meals.
- Reduce your intake of high glycaemic index foods, cut out sweets and fizzy drinks.
- Include fruit and vegetables in your diet ( aim for vegetables at each meal).
- Drink enough water – 1.5L for women and 2 L for men each day, is recommended